A Love story in Paris

Aaron, we are a poem that never ends! ♥️

In a morning made of poetry 

Engulfed in the city of love  

Walking with an embrace

A romantic silhouette traced


Adorning a sensual sheer of red 

You in a velvet hue of tuxedo 

Flattering stares all around 

And compliments would follow 


I take your hand in mine 

I start to feel a sweet ache 

I cannot fathom this feeling

For my own sanity’s sake 


My heart is racing faster 

I can breathe in the romance 

It’s surrounded all in the air 

Swaying on the same dance 


I see you pressing your lips

I can tell you’re nervous 

Our candid romance is captured

I sense a hidden purpose 


Your hands have pulled me closer

I can feel the heat of your breath

Your gaze subtly reaching my soul

Bearing it as your sole goal 


The thoughts jumbled in my mind 

I want to say, as I look at you 

My brain failing to comprehend 

This moment feels undeniably new


The words you choose to speak 

While fixing your eyes on mine

Making me feel so loved 

I haven’t felt in a long time


I stand awfully astounded 

You are down on your knee 

I’m trying to find words 

It feels like I never learnt any


My brain has exploded into colours 

Tainting my hopeless heart 

My hands are evidently shaking 

My stomach is in a complete knot 


Saying the most effortless yes 

Knowing I’ve always loved you 

Even before this instance 

In a very different existence 


A restless pounding invades 

As I go down on my knee 

My starving heart consumes 

Every tiny detail it could see 


You are wide eyed in disbelief

I can sense the butterflies

I see the brightest of stars 

make home in your glistening eyes


You hold out your arms 

Like I’m everything you wanted

You, my indefinite idea of love 

That came true in a wish granted 


The Eiffel stood in awe 

Watching hearts woven into love 

Unfolding a extraordinary fairy tale 

The world would one day know


- Audrey. C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aaron ♥️

A Love like this