Unsettling


These thoughts all irrational 

I do remember this feeling 

It just all feels so familiar 

Unattainable emotions trailing 


For the first time in a while 

Hurtling through space and time 

I felt soothed and at ease

For once, it didn’t feel like a crime 


I almost had begun to believe

I’d tricked my wayward heart

The time resumed its ticking 

And beliefs were fallen apart 


With nobody to know 

And nobody to understand 

The tornado I’d been caught in

Left no safer space to land 


Orbiting around it’s darkness 

Caught in the deadly gravity 

Succumbing to its power

Entangled within my own inanity 


Unsettling thoughts and I

With its ugly past surge

Since the very last lifetime

Maybe were fated to converge 


Drenched in this anxiety,

Ache of every unspoken thought 

Would reside within me 

Until the day I would rot


- Audrey. C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Love story in Paris

Aaron ♥️

A Love like this